Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm going to bugger about with the settings

I'm going to bugger about with the settings, just to see what happens. I'm in an adventurous frame of mind, for reasons which you'll see, sooner or later.

Hmm. Interesting. Changes saved, ads added, or soon to be added. I wonder what will pop up.

User interest on this page is far from "up there" with the money makers. I'm more interested in what comes up as a Google directed Ad. Given some of the things that I've written about, some of the words that I pop in here from time to time, I think some very interesting things will appear.

There are some changes coming, my friends. Some big ones. I've got some personal stuff going on, and I'll get into that in due time, once I've got some complete stories to tell. Probably Wednesday, so if you're one of the four usual visitors to this space, drop in in the middle of the week, Wednesday night my time. I should have a tale for you. I hope, damn I hope it's just a cautionary tale. Wednesday. Big blog post, or poop strikes fan.

Tune.
In.
Wednesday.

Loyal Reader.

Heh. Loyal Reader. Unlike the "Devout" followers on Twitter. The language inference on that site still weirds me out. It's bizarre to receive an email every so often that says, "so and so is now following you ... on Twitter!" Temple of doom, website of ridiculousness. Although, I do love the story I read on the Huffington Post about the waiter who lost his job for twittering about the Hollywoof, (spelling intentional), star who ran out and didn't pay.

Not the best time to be losing your job. Not the best time to lose your job for publicly stating your opinion. Freedom of speech, shot dead, age two hundred and some odd and no one gives a damn because a rich actress who's going to lose her own job once she turns 38 (at best) took offense to being publicly lambasted for behaving like, well, a criminal. A petty criminal.

Sh*ts and G*ggl*s. I wonder what the Adsense program will think of that. Heh.

Here's the best news of the year for you though. All that hullabaloo about never getting the promised toys of the future is about to come true. Here, courtesy of the BBC is the nuclear battery.

It's the size of a dime. It lasts longer. How much longer? Well, the BBC tells us that, "Nuclear batteries are an attractive proposition for many applications because the isotopes that power them can provide a useful amount of current for phenomenally long times - up to hundreds of years or more."

Hundreds of years or more. What's that mean to us? Watches that never stop. Ipods that never need to be recharged. Hand held communications gear, Internet gear, field equipment, flash lights, hand drill, portable power saw, or electric based toy, tool, or trick, is going to last much, much longer.

Uranium, which you can check out Here:

the basic wiki for this metal

the wiki for mining this metal

some more information, and some kickin' pics of what we're talking about.

Think about, make sure you understand what's going to happen, and where. If radioactive isotopes are going to take over as the new portable power source, then uranium, our favourite reactor fuel, is going to be an even, "hotter", power source than ever. Who's got it, who mines it, who processes it, and who's selling it, will be the big questions for the mid to latter 21st C.

Power, baby. It's all about power. The power to do, the power to create. Of course, if you whipped up your own hand crank generator, you really don't need to worry about these things, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment